Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Introverted Blind Spots: Recognizing What You Are Not Doing

Typically, people do not recognize if they are not be going in the right direction before its too late if at all. Some do not even recognize or do not want to see what others think or feel about what is going on. These same people also do not want any feedback from anyone.

Introverts do not really see their own strengths and blind spots. Most introverts do not know their strengths or weaknesses, especially when many of their unique weak characteristics are their strengths.

Johar's Window was created with Joseph Luft and Harry Ingham in 1955 as 4 quadrants of interpersonal knowledge of yourself and others. These include: Open, Blind, Hidden, and Unknown. The following breaks down each quadrant and let you know what takes place within each.

1. The "open" quadrant represents things that both I know about myself, and that you know about me.
2. The "blind" quadrant represents things that you know about me, but that I am unaware of.
3. The "hidden" quadrant represents that I know about myself that you do not know.
4. The "unknown" quadrant represent things that neither I know about myself, nor you know about me.

Once you have determined your personality type, you need to be aware not only of your strengths, but especially your blind spots.

Identify your strengths and weakness and then look at your preferences. How do you work with what you have and how can improve what you are lacking or missing?

No comments:

Post a Comment